A personal trainer is a certified individual who has in-depth knowledge of fitness. He is the one assigned the role of setting goals and extending accountability and feedback to the clients on their work. The question fitness enthusiasts usually ask is how do they become a personal trainer?
Here is a step by step guide which will help you understand the process better:
- Research –It is important to get into the intricate details and research thoroughly. To begin with, understand what qualification is required. There are certifications that one must obtain if he or she wishes for a career in personal training.
- To become a gym instructor you must obtain certificate III in Fitness. You are then qualified to run classes of the genre.
- To become a full-fledged Personal Trainer you must obtain Certificate IV in Fitness. You can obtain both the certifications to open future career horizons, like, training clients, setting up boot camps, setting fitness goals and much more.
- Choose your knowledge provider- Choose which mode of study suits your interest the best, you may opt for an online course. Online courses are becoming increasingly popular. It’s a powerful way to learn since it renders the flexibility and the opportunity to handle the course details as per your specific preference.
- Get the necessary qualifications – Once you have finalized your provider and initiated the course, commit to it and conclude it with success. Set your goals clearly and adhere to the timelines. Use the presented support services in case you need help.
- Join a reputed Fitness Organization in Australia – Once you have your qualification ready, get a membership to either Fitness Australia or enroll yourself with Physical Activity Australia.
A point to note here is that it is not necessary for becoming a personal trainer, however, you must note that it is a good practice, since you will learn a lot here with practical implementation.
- Get a job – An important step would be to join a gym as a personal trainer, take classes and earn some experience. Depending on what your vision is for your career, it is an important step to not only learn from others but to also impart that knowledge as a personal trainer.
- Continue to learn and grow – Getting a job is not enough, you must know your niche and be an expert of a particular genre. Once you have your niche chalked out, don’t stop your learning. Knowledge never hurt anybody.
If you are a fitness freak with a zeal to impart the acquired fitness knowledge to others professionally, then you can become a personal trainer.