Regular exercise is great for both your body and your brain. It can increase your energy, reduce your risk of diabetes, lower your blood pressure and help you lose weight.
Regular exercise can also reduce your stress and ease the symptoms of anxiety and depression. And it can help you recover from mental health issues.
Here are the mental health benefits of physical exercise:
1. Decrease Your Stress
- Regular exercise can reduce your stress levels. Reducing your stress levels can make you happier. Physical exercise increases your heart rate to stimulate the production of the neurohormones, such as norepinephrine.
- Neurohormones can improve your mood.
- Physical exercise can also improve the communication between the central nervous system and sympathetic nervous system to improve the overall ability of your body to respond to stress.
2. Improve Your Sleep
- Sleep deprivation can affect your mental health.
- Regular exercise can help you get a good night’s rest. Physical exercise increases your body’s temperature to calm your mind. Calming your mind can make you sleep better at night.
- Regular exercise can even help regulate your circadian rhythm. It is, however, not recommended you exercise before your bedtime.
- Getting enough sleep is good for your mental health.
3. Boost Your Brainpower
- Physical exercise can boost your brainpower and strengthen your memory. Exercise can help create new brain cells to improve the overall performance of the brain.
- In addition, physical exercise can strengthen the hippocampus to prevent memory loss and cognitive decline. Physical activity can, therefore, boost your creativity and mental energy.
4. Improve Your Self-Esteem and Self-Confidence
- Regular exercise can help you improve your endurance, lose extra weight and increase your muscle tone. Losing weight and increasing your muscle tone can improve your self-esteem and self-confidence.
- You will have a slimmer physique and your clothes will fit you better. It can, however, take time to lose weight and build muscle tone. It is much better to train with a personal trainer to help you achieve your fitness goals.
Also read: Top 5 Benefits Of Regular Exercise Schedule
5. Fight Depression and Anxiety
- Depression can make you anxious. Regular exercise can boost your mood and decrease the symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Physical exercise can increase your endorphin levels to improve your mood. It can make you feel better. You can, therefore, use regular exercise to fight depression and anxiety.
Physical exercise is good for your mental health. It can help you fight depression and anxiety, improve your self-esteem and self-confidence, decrease your stress and boost your brainpower.
Once you decide to exercise regularly, you can now hire a personal trainer. So, if you are looking for a personal trainer or gym to lose weight and be fit in Baldivis, Western Australia, contact Transition Personal Training to enroll yourself in our Gym based in Kwinana.