Regular exercise can be beneficial to health by helping to manage and prevent chronic conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease, and Type 2 diabetes. Physical activity is also an important component in managing weight better and increasing muscle, bone, and joint strength that lowers the risk of falls and developing osteoporosis. If you want to have more energy, feel better, and add years to your life, exercise regularly. A personal trainer can help you get the best out of your exercise routine, from losing weight to boosting your mood.
5 Benefits of a Regular Exercise Schedule
1. Controls Weight
- When you exercise you burn calories and the more active you are the more calories you burn.
- Consistency is the key and the more efficiently you exercise the more benefits you will reap.
- A personal trainer can assist you in performing your exercises properly and efficiently to prevent excess weight gain and to maintain weight loss.
2. Boosts Energy
- Regular exercise delivers oxygen and nutrients to tissues that allow your cardiovascular system to work more efficiently.
- Exercise improves your heart and lung health, giving you more energy throughout the day to tackle daily chores and strenuous activities.
- A personal trainer at Transition will help you work out a customised exercise and nutrition schedule.
3. Helps Combat Health Conditions
- No matter what your current weight, regular exercise boosts HDL (the ‘good’ cholesterol) and decreases unhealthy triglycerides.
- This keeps your blood flowing more smoothly, prevents high blood pressure, and decreases the risk of heart disease.
- It also helps prevent and manage many other health problems such as Type 2 diabetes, certain types of cancer, arthritis, and depression.
You might also like: How to Set Achievable Fitness Goals?
4. Improves Mood
- If you need to de-stress after a busy day, a gym session helps to stimulate various brain chemicals that leave you feeling less anxious, more relaxed, and happier.
- Exercise can also improve your appearance, helping you to feel more confident and improving your self-esteem.
5. Promotes Healthy Sleep
Regular exercise can help you get better quality sleep, fall asleep faster and sleep longer. However, avoid exercising too close to bedtime as you may feel too energized to fall asleep.
Related post: 5 Weight Training Tips for Beginners
There is no doubt that physical activity is good for you. If you would like to improve the quality of your life, contact one of our personal trainers at Transition Personal Training who will be happy to work out a customised schedule for your particular fitness and weight loss goals. Take up our offer and try the first two weeks for free at our gym in Kwinana.